WORK JAPAN WINTER JOBS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before applying for the Work Japan Winter Jobs program, you must accept the following program Terms and Conditions, including the cancellation refund policy. Please read the following very carefully. It refers to conditions that you are agreeing to by making this application. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact IEP at 0800 700 705.
Terms & Conditions
I, being the person applying for the Work Japan Winter Jobs program, hereby confirm that I have read and understood the relevant Work Japan Winter Jobs pages on IEP’s website www.iep.co.nz. I agree that my application to, and participation in, the Work Japan Winter Jobs program, as operated by IEP New Zealand Ltd (‘IEP’) shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
Program Fee and Program Conditions
- The applicable program deposit fee of $295 NZD is payable on submission of my application.
- All prices are subject to change without notice and acceptance onto the program is not guaranteed until full payment is received, and a pre-screening interview has been completed.
- Payment of the remainder of the program fee can be made in two instalments. $350NZD must be paid to IEP upon submission of the applicants working holiday visa application to the relevant Japan consulate. $350NZD must be paid to IEP before the participant is scheduled in for an interview with prospective employers. The program participant is welcome to pay these fees in a lump sum prior to either of these events. The total program fee is $995NZD.
- Departure from New Zealand must be made within 12 months from my application date unless approved by IEP prior to this date otherwise my application is considered completed.
- The IEP travel insurance policy is a compulsory component of the program. Travel insurance coverage is also mandatory for all participants under the Japan government visa regulations and I agree to purchase a travel insurance policy from IEP for the full duration of the visa.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they consider policy wording before making any decisions about your travel insurance policy. Please contact IEP for assistance with a travel insurance quote.
- Applicants must arrive into Japan with evidence of access to at least the minimum funds required by the Working Holiday Visa Japan (currently NZD$3,000 with a return air ticket or NZD$4,000 with a one-way ticket).
- Applicants must submit a final travel itinerary, travel insurance policy and a copy of Working Holiday Visa Japan to IEP at least three weeks prior to departure from New Zealand. Failure to provide this information will result in forfeiture of their first night’s accommodation and may impact the validity of the applicant’s employment contract.
- I must advise IEP immediately of any changes to my confirmed travel dates. Additional charges may apply to change overseas bookings or reservations. IEP are not responsible for third party change fees.
- All employment contract details must be adhered to, including but not limited to, start and finishing dates.
- Applicants must abide by the terms and conditions set by IEP’s relevant overseas host organisation and those set by external suppliers of the applicant’s travel arrangements. These include (but are not limited to) airlines, insurance providers, ground transport operators and accommodation providers.
- Applicants are advised not to pay for travel arrangements (e.g. airfares, hotels etc.) without having a visa in their possession. The visa processing time can vary between consulates and issuance is not guaranteed. Visa rejection and visa rulings are at the discretion of the relevant consulates and not the jurisdiction of IEP. IEP does not take responsibility for any additional expenses incurred by third parties associated with visa application or denial.
- It is strongly recommended that you consult our in-house travel agent (STA Travel) when booking any flights. Our in-house travel agent has assisted many previous IEP participants with their travel bookings by offering very competitive airfares, as well as providing strong knowledge of what types of tickets works best for our working holiday programs.
Working Holiday Visa Japan
- I understand that the Consular or Embassy of Japan can only issue a Working Holiday Visa to individuals aged 18-30 years inclusive.
- In understand that I must apply for this Working Holiday Visa for Japan in New Zealand as I am an New Zealand passport holder. My home address will determine which location I can apply for the visa at. IEP will provide information on where I need to lodge my application. Furthermore, I understand that I must remain in New Zealand for the duration of the visa processing time.
- I understand that the Working Holiday Visa Japan is not designed for persons who mainly intend to work. The applicants’ primary purpose of stay should be “holiday” in Japan so the applicants who intend to work primarily cannot apply for this visa. Working Holiday participants are strictly prohibited from working at places affecting public morals such as bars, cabarets, nightclubs etc.
- Visa applications must be lodged a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the intended departure date. IEP cannot guarantee the issuance of a visa. The Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction has the authority to issue or deny any visa application. Even after you have been issued a visa, the final decision in all cases rests with the immigration officer at the port of entry. Visa fees may not be refunded if a visa is refused.
- IEP cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to any papers giving evidence or support in connection with visa applications. Applicants should make copies of everything before submitting their visa application.
- The Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction reserves the right to request additional information from Work Japan Winter Jobs applicants. This information will be provided at my own expense and may result in a delay to my departure. Such requests will be made on random basis without prejudice.
- Applicants must provide IEP with a copy of their relevant working holiday visa at least 4 weeks prior to departure from New Zealand.
Acceptance onto the Program
- Acceptance onto the Work Japan Winter Jobs program is subject to a pre-screening interview by IEP.
- Acceptance of any applicant onto the program is entirely at the discretion of IEP.
- Applicants removed from the program by IEP before acceptance will be eligible for a full refund or to have their full program fee transferred to an alternate IEP program of the applicant’s choice.
Attendance of Job Interview(s)
- Applicants must attend their Skype interview(s) at the advised time. Exact times of the interview(s) will be provided to the participant by either IEP or the employer.
- Applicants will be asked to nominate employer preferences. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they meet the requirements of all nominated employers, including start dates, season length, language ability, age restrictions and previous experience. Start dates, Position Descriptions and employment guidelines are not negotiable and applicants who nominate employers whose requirements they cannot meet will not be eligible for any refund if unsuccessful.
- Applicants should specify at least two positions of interest with each employer, but must be flexible with what type of position they will be willing to accept.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they go into their interview prepared and make every effort to secure a job offer from each employer.
- If an applicant is offered a job offer from their first Skype interview IEP do not have to arrange a further interview.
- Applicants who fail to attend their scheduled interview(s) will not be eligible for a refund.
Job Offers and Acceptance
- Upon completion of the job interview, the employer will notify IEP if they wish to offer the applicant a position.
- Job Offers are not guaranteed and it is the applicant’s responsibility to make every effort to secure a job offer during the interview process.
- Applicants who are offered a position but choose to reject it will not be eligible for any refund of the program fee. Such applicants may transfer their entire program fee to an alternate IEP program. No refund will be given for any portion of the program fee.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer must notify IEP immediately. IEP will then arrange an interview with the applicant’s next employer preference, until all employer options are exhausted.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer after exhausting all employer options through no fault of their own will be given the option to transfer their program fee to an alternate IEP program or receive a full refund of their IEP program fee. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of IEP and assessed according to each individual’s circumstance.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer but who do not notify IEP will not be eligible for any refund.
- All employment contract details must be adhered to, including but not limited to, start and finishing dates.
- I understand and agree to the following cancellation penalties and conditions:
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- For cancellations made after seven days from the date of my application but before the balance of the programme fee is paid, there will be no refund of the deposit.
- For cancellations made after the programme fee has been paid in full, 50% of the amount of the program fee will be refunded. However, in some circumstance as stated in subsequent clauses in this Cancellation Policy, no refund will be applicable.
- Cancellations as a result of failing to attend your job interview(s) will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after accepting a position will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made within 2 months of departure, or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made after 12 months from my application being received by IEP, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after the date the visa application is submitted to the Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- All applications which result in the applicable visa being declined for whatever reason will be deemed as cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. Applicants acknowledge that a decline of visa can be attributed but not limited to applicants being previously arrested by police, having criminal convictions (including drink driving), being charged for an offence but not necessarily convicted and having significant medical/mental history/condition. Applicants who are concerned about the likelihood of their visa being declined should consult with IEP prior to paying the program fee.
- Cancellations and refunds of goods and services which are provided by suppliers other than IEP (airfares, travel insurance, airport transfers, accommodation, visas etc) will be at the discretion of the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions set by those suppliers. Details are available from IEP.
- IEP reserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to IEP before any refund is approved.
G. Program Declaration
I agree to act ethically and responsibly at all times while I am a participant on this program. I declare that the statements on this application are true and that any false declaration on my part may result in forfeiture of my place on this program with no entitlement to any refund of my fee or any consequent expenditure. I hereby declare that I have no intention of staying in the nominated country after the final date allowed by this program. I know of no reason why I may be refused the visa I am applying for or be denied entry into the nominated country. I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes. I agree to take with me a minimum proof of funds required. Additionally, I agree to repay, either directly or via IEP, any and all outstanding financial obligations such as telephone bills, loans, outstanding rents, etc., incurred during my time as a program particip