WORK JAPAN VISA KICK START TERMS & CONDITIONS
WORK JAPAN VISA KICK START Terms & Conditions
Before applying for the Work Japan Visa Kickstart program, you must accept the following program Terms and Conditions, including the cancellation refund policy. Please read the following very carefully. It refers to conditions that you are agreeing to by making this application. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact IEP at 0800 700 705.
Terms & Conditions
I, being the person applying for the Work Japan Visa Kickstart program, hereby confirm that I have read and understood the relevant Work Japan pages on IEP’s website www.iep.co.nz. I agree that my application to, and participation in, the Work Japan Visa Kickstart program, as operated by IEP New Zealand Ltd (‘IEP’) shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
Program Fee and Program Conditions
- The applicable program fee of $295NZD is payable on submission of my application.
- All prices are subject to change without notice and acceptance onto the program is not guaranteed until full payment is received and a pre-screening interview has been completed.
- Departure from New Zealand must be made within 12 months from my application date unless approved by IEP prior to this date otherwise my application is considered completed.
- Travel insurance coverage is also mandatory for all participants under the Japan government visa regulations and I agree to purchase a travel insurance policy for the full duration of the visa. A copy of my Certificate of Insurance must be sent to IEP at least 2 weeks before departure from NZ.
- If my working holiday program was booked through STA Travel, I may also book travel insurance through STA Travel prior to IEP confirming any pre-departure information.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they consider policy wording before making any decisions about your travel insurance policy. Please contact IEP for assistance with a travel insurance quote.
- Applicants must arrive into Japan with evidence of access to at least the minimum funds required by the Working Holiday Visa Japan (currently NZD$3,000 with a return air ticket or NZD$4,000 with a one-way ticket).
- Applicants must submit a final travel itinerary, travel insurance policy and a copy of Working Holiday Visa Japan to IEP at least 3 weeks prior to departure from New Zealand.
- I must advise IEP immediately of any changes to my confirmed travel dates. Additional charges may apply to change overseas bookings or reservations. IEP are not responsible for third party change fees.
- Applicants must abide by the terms and conditions set by IEP’s relevant overseas host organisation and those set by external suppliers of the applicant’s travel arrangements. These include (but are not limited to) airlines, insurance providers, ground transport operators and accommodation providers.
- Applicants are advised not to pay for travel arrangements (e.g. airfares, hotels etc.) without having a visa in their possession. The visa processing time can vary between consulates and issuance is not guaranteed. Visa rejection and visa rulings are at the discretion of the relevant consulates and not the jurisdiction of IEP. IEP does not take responsibility for any additional expenses incurred by third parties associated with visa application or denial.
- It is strongly recommended that you consult our in-house travel agent (STA Travel) when booking any flights. Our in-house travel agent has assisted many previous IEP participants with their travel bookings by offering very competitive airfares, as well as providing strong knowledge of what types of tickets works best for our working holiday programs.
Working Holiday Visa Japan
- I understand that the Consular or Embassy of Japan can only issue a Working Holiday Visa to individuals aged 18-30 years inclusive.
- In understand that I must apply for this Working Holiday Visa for Japan in New Zealand as I am an New Zealand passport holder. My home address will determine which location I can apply for the visa at. IEP will provide information on where I need to lodge my application. Furthermore I understand that I must remain in New Zealand for the duration of the visa processing time.
- I understand that the Working Holiday Visa Japan is not designed for persons who mainly intend to work. The applicants’ primary purpose of stay should be “holiday” in Japan so the applicants who intend to work primarily cannot apply for this visa. Working Holiday participants are strictly prohibited from working at places affecting public morals such as bars, cabarets, nightclubs etc.
- I understand that if I have ever been arrested, convicted, charged with any criminal offence (including drink-driving), appeared before any judicial system for any reason, it is necessary to inform IEP of all details (even if the charges resulted in diversion, are dropped or seem insignificant to you) to enable IEP to provide me accurate information on my suitability for the Working Holiday Visa Japan. Even the smallest offence can have a detrimental effect on your eligibility for a visa to work and travel in Japan.
- Visa applications must be lodged a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the intended departure date. IEP cannot guarantee the issuance of a visa. The Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction has the authority to issue or deny any visa application. Even after you have been issued a visa, the final decision in all cases rests with the immigration officer at the port of entry. Visa fees may not be refunded if a visa is refused.
- IEP cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to any papers giving evidence or support in connection with visa applications. Applicants should make copies of everything before submitting their visa application.
- The Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction reserves the right to request additional information from Work Japan Visa Kickstart applicants. This information will be provided at my own expense and may result in a delay to my departure. Such requests will be made on random basis without prejudice.
- Applicants must provide IEP with a copy of their relevant working holiday visa at least 3 weeks prior to departure from New Zealand.
Acceptance onto the Program
- Acceptance onto the Work Japan Visa Kickstart program is subject to a pre-screening interview by IEP.
- Acceptance of any applicant onto the program is entirely at the discretion of IEP.
- Applicants removed from the program by IEP before acceptance will be eligible for a full refund or to have their full program fee transferred to an alternate IEP program of the applicant’s choice.
- I understand and agree to the following cancellation penalties and conditions:
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- Cancellations made within 2 months of departure, or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made after 12 months from my application being received by IEP, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after the date the visa application is submitted to the Consular or Embassy of Japan in your jurisdiction or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- All applications which result in the applicable visa being declined for whatever reason will be deemed as cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. Applicants acknowledge that a decline of visa can be attributed but not limited to applicants being previously arrested by police, having criminal convictions (including drink driving), being charged for an offence but not necessarily convicted and having significant medical/mental history/condition. Applicants who are concerned about the likelihood of their visa being declined should consult with IEP prior to paying the program fee.
- Cancellations and refunds of goods and services which are provided by suppliers other than IEP (airfares, travel insurance, airport transfers, accommodation, visas etc) will be at the discretion of the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions set by those suppliers. Details are available from IEP.
- IEP reserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to IEP before any refund is approved.
I agree to act ethically and responsibly at all times while I am a participant on this program. I declare that the statements on this application are true and that any false declaration on my part may result in forfeiture of my place on this program with no entitlement to any refund of my fee or any consequent expenditure. I hereby declare that I have no intention of staying in the nominated country after the final date allowed by this program. I know of no reason why I may be refused the visa I am applying for or be denied entry into the nominated country. I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes. I agree to take with me a minimum proof of funds required. Additionally, I agree to repay, either directly or via IEP, any and all outstanding financial obligations such as telephone bills, loans, outstanding rents, etc., incurred during my time as a program participant.