WORK CANADA WINTER JOBS TERMS & CONDITIONS
WORK CANADA WINTER JOBS Terms & Conditions
Before applying for the Work Canada Winter Jobs program, you must accept the following program Terms and Conditions, including the cancellation refund policy. Please read the following very carefully. It refers to conditions that you are agreeing to by making this application. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact IEP at 0800 443 769.
For our Instagram Giveaway and Winter 2020 promotion terms and conditions please see the end of this page **
Terms & Conditions
I, being the person applying for the Work Canada Winter Jobs program, hereby confirm that I have read and understood the relevant Work Canada pages on IEP’s website www.iep.co.nz. I agree that my application to, and participation in, the Work Canada Winter Jobs program, as operated by IEP New Zealand Ltd (‘IEP’) shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
A. Program Fee and Program Conditions
- The applicable program fee is payable on submission of my application.
- All prices are subject to change without notice and acceptance onto the program is not guaranteed until full payment is received and a pre-screening interview has been completed.
- Departure from New Zealand must be made within 12 months from my application date unless approved by IEP prior to this date otherwise my application is considered completed.
- Applicants MUST attend one of the IEP organised in person or virtual Job Fairs for their two employer interviews. Locations and dates will be advised to applicants by IEP with sufficient notice to make attendance arrangements.
- The IEP travel insurance policy is a compulsory component of the program. Travel insurance coverage is also mandatory for all participants under the Canadian government visa regulations and I agree to purchase a travel insurance policy from IEP for at least my employment contract or for the full duration of the visa.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they consider policy wording before making any decisions about your travel insurance policy. Please contact IEP for assistance with a travel insurance quote.
- Applicants must arrive into Canada with evidence of access to at least the minimum funds required by the Canadian Working Holiday Program (currently CAD$2,500).
- Applicants must submit a final travel itinerary, travel insurance policy and a copy of their Canadian Working Visa to IEP at least three weeks prior to departure from New Zealand. Failure to provide this information will result in forfeiture of their first night’s accommodation and may impact the validity of the applicant’s employment contract.
- I must advise IEP immediately of any changes to my confirmed travel dates. Additional charges may apply to change overseas bookings or reservations. IEP are not responsible for third party change fees.
- All applicants must submit at least two written references to IEP no less than three weeks prior to attendance of the Job Fair. Failure to do so may result in your cancellation from the program.
- All attending employers will require a clean Police Report upon commencement of employment. Applicants must obtain their Police Report prior to attending the Job Fair.
- All employment contract details must be adhered to, including but not limited to, start and finishing dates.
- Applicants must abide by the terms and conditions set by IEP’s relevant overseas host organisation and those set by external suppliers of the applicant’s travel arrangements. These include (but are not limited to) airlines, insurance providers, ground transport operators and accommodation providers.
- Applicants are advised not to pay for travel arrangements (e.g. airfares, hotels etc.) without having a visa in their possession. The visa processing time can vary between consulates and issuance is not guaranteed. Visa rejection and visa rulings are at the discretion of the relevant consulates and not the jurisdiction of IEP. IEP does not take responsibility for any additional expenses incurred by third parties associated with visa application or denial.
- It is strongly recommended that you consult our in-house travel agent (STA Travel) when booking any flights. Our in-house travel agent has assisted many previous IEP participants with their travel bookings by offering very competitive airfares, as well as providing strong knowledge of what types of tickets works best for our working holiday programs.
- Applicants must pay the entire application fee (initial deposit & final deposit) prior to attending the job fairand we can always exercise leniency on a case by case basis
B. Canada Working Holiday Visa
- I understand that the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) can only issue a Working Holiday Visa (IEC) to individuals aged 18-35 years inclusive.
- I understand that if I have ever been arrested, convicted, charged with any criminal offence (including drink-driving), appeared before any judicial system for any reason, it is necessary to inform IEP of all details (even if the charges resulted in diversion, are dropped or seem insignificant to you) to enable IEP to provide me accurate information on my suitability for the IEC visa. Even the smallest offence can have a detrimental effect on your eligibility for a visa to work in Canada. Applicants with criminal convictions must obtain their working holiday visa before attending the Job Fair interviews.
- Some positions commence within six weeks of the Job Fairs. To secure a position all applicants should apply for their Canadian Working Holiday Visa prior to the Job Fair.
- Visa applications must be lodged a minimum of 12 weeks prior to the intended departure date. IEP cannot guarantee the issuance of a visa. Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) has the authority to issue or deny any visa application. Even after you have been issued a Port of Entry letter, the final decision in all cases rests with the immigration officer at the port of entry. Visa fees may not be refunded if a visa is refused.
- IEP cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to any papers giving evidence or support in connection with visa applications. Applicants should make copies of everything before submitting their visa application.
- Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) reserves the right to request additional information from Work Canada Winter Jobs applicants. This information will be provided at my own expense and may result in a delay to my departure. Such requests will be made on random basis without prejudice.
- Applicants wishing to work in ski patrol, medical, childcare, or primary/secondary teaching occupations whilst on the Work Canada Winter Jobs program will require a government approved medical examination as part of their application. Such applicants must allow an additional six to eight weeks for their visa to be issued.
- Applicants with medical conditions may be instructed by the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) to undertake a medical examination as part of their application. There is no standard timeframe for processing of applications where further information is requested, this may delay your departure.
- Applicants must provide IEP with a copy of their relevant working holiday visa at least 4 weeks prior to departure from New Zealand.
C. Acceptance onto the Program
- Acceptance onto the Work Canada Winter Jobs program is subject to a pre-screening interview by IEP.
- Acceptance of any applicant onto the program is entirely at the discretion of IEP.
- Applicants removed from the program by IEP before acceptance will be eligible for a full refund or to have their full program fee transferred to an alternate IEP program of the applicant’s choice.
D. Attendance at the Job Fair
- Applicants must attend interviews at their selected either virtually or in person Job Fair location with two different Canadian employers. Exact times and locations of Job Fair interviews will be provided to the participant by IEP.
- Applicants will be asked to nominate three employer preferences. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they meet the requirements of all nominated employers, including start dates, season length, age restrictions and previous experience. Start dates, Position Descriptions and employment guidelines are not negotiable and applicants who nominate employers whose requirements they cannot meet will not be eligible for any refund if unsuccessful.
- Applicants should specify at least two positions of interest with each employer, but must be flexible with what type of position they will be willing to accept.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they go into their interview prepared and make every effort to secure a job offer from each employer. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of IEP if this is not met to a satisfactory standard.
- Applicants who fail to attend their scheduled Job Fair interviews will not be eligible for a refund.
E. Job Offers and Acceptance
- Upon completion of each Job Fair interview, the applicant will be notified by the employer if they wish to offer the applicant a position.
- Job Offers are not guaranteed and it is the applicant’s responsibility to make every effort to secure a job offer on the day.
- Applicants who are offered a position but choose to reject it will not be eligible for any refund of the program fee. However, in such a situation, part of the programme fee may be used for an alternative IEP program subject to IEP’s agreement.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer at the Job Fair must notify IEP immediately. IEP will make every effort to secure a third interview for the applicant on the day.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer at the Job Fair through no fault of their own will be given the option to transfer their program fee to an alternate IEP program or receive a full refund of their IEP program fee. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of IEP and assessed according to each individual’s circumstance.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer at the Job Fair, but who do not notify IEP on the Job Fair day will not be eligible for any refund.
F. LIFETIME DEPOSIT
Your IEP deposit is protected for life and you can use your deposit payment against any other IEP programme. Deposit amounts vary by programme and you should refer to your programme specific conditions. Your deposit has no cash value, is non-refundable and only one lifetime deposit can be used per person per product booked. Once your application has progressed to placement or visa application stage your deposit will be deemed ‘used’ and will therefore be non-transferable.
G. Cancellation Policy
I understand and agree to the following cancellation penalties and conditions:
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- For cancellations made after seven days from the date of my application but before the balance of the programme fee is paid, there will be no refund of the deposit.
- For cancellations made after the programme fee has been paid in full, 50% of the amount of the program fee will be refunded. However, in some circumstance as stated in subsequent clauses in this Cancellation Policy, no refund will be applicable.
- Cancellations within seven days of the Job Fair will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations as a result of failing to attend your Job Fair interview(s) will not be eligible for a refund. Cancellations received after attending and accepting a position at the Job Fair will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made within two weeks of departure, or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made after 12 months from my application being received by IEP, will not be eligible for a refund. Cancellations received after the date the visa application is submitted to Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC), or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made after not receiving an invite to apply for the IEC Visa at the end of the IEC Visa season, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- Cancellations made as a result of dissatisfaction with the level of customer service IEP has provided will be eligible for a full refund if concerns and cancellations have been provided in writing within 7 days of initial welcome call.
- All applications which result in the applicable visa being declined for whatever reason will be deemed as cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. Applicants acknowledge that a decline of visa can be attributed but not limited to applicants being previously arrested by police, having criminal convictions (including drink driving), being charged for an offence but not necessarily convicted and having significant medical/mental history/condition. Applicants who are concerned about the likelihood of their visa being declined should consult with IEP prior to paying the program fee.
- Cancellations and refunds of goods and services which are provided by suppliers other than IEP (airfares, travel insurance, airport transfers, accommodation, visas etc) will be at the discretion of the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions set by those suppliers. Details are available from IEP.
- IEP reserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to IEP before any refund is approved.
H. Program Declaration
I agree to act ethically and responsibly at all times while I am a participant on this program. I declare that the statements on this application are true and that any false declaration on my part may result in forfeiture of my place on this program with no entitlement to any refund of my fee or any consequent expenditure. I hereby declare that I have no intention of staying in the nominated country after the final date allowed by this program. I know of no reason why I may be refused the visa I am applying for or be denied entry into the nominated country. I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes. I agree to take with me a minimum proof of funds required. Additionally, I agree to repay, either directly or via IEP, any and all outstanding financial obligations such as telephone bills, loans, outstanding rents, etc., incurred during my time as a program participant.
** Instagram Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Program giveaway applies to the Work Canada Winter Jobs program or the Work Japan Winter Jobs program only.
- To enter and be eligible to win, candidates must have commented on the Instagram post found at @travelworkexplore and tagged at least one other individual account, be following @travelworkexplore and have shared the giveaway post in their Instagram story.
- Two programs will be awarded to an entrant, one for themselves and another for a friend/other person of the winners choice.
- Competition winner(s) must meet the criteria of the visa eligibility for the desired program, found at iep.co.nz
- Customers who have already applied for an IEP program are not eligible for the giveaway.
Redeeming the offer
- Winner(s) must plan to depart in conjunction with the 2020 Winter Season starting in Nov/Dec 2020 to redeem the offer. If reasons beyond our control stop you travelling during this period, we will honour your free program(s) for the 2021 season.
- This offer will run between the 29th May 2020 – 15th June 2020 and will be randomly drawn on June 15th.
- A total of 2 free programs will be awarded to one Instagram user for 2 separate individuals of the winners choice.
- Eligible programs to redeem are the Work Canada Winter Jobs program ($895) for free or the Work Japan Winter Jobs program ($995) for free.
- Visa fees, flights, travel insurance and other third party costs are not included.
- IEP reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time. Any changes will be posted on IEP’s Instagram @travelworkexplore. All other program T&Cs unrelated to program fees apply.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
** Winter 2020 Promotion Terms and Conditions
Winter 2020 promotion
- The name listed on the booking must meet the criteria of the visa eligibility for the specific programme you are booking, found at www.iep.co.nz
- This offer is available to new and existing deposit only bookings. See the redeeming offer section for further information on how to redeem this offer and offer terms.
Redeeming the offer
- The offer can be redeemed on new and existing deposit only bookings. To receive the offer, you must book your programme with IEP by August 1st 2020;
New bookings – a minimum of the programme deposit must be paid by August 1st 2020;
Existing deposit only bookings – the full payment of your programme must be paid by August 1st 2020;
- This offer will run between the 20th May 2020 – August 1st 2020.
- Offers in which a financial discount is applied to a programme can be redeemed with online bookings or phone bookings only.
- Customers who have paid their programme fee in full before the 20th May 2020 are not eligible for the promotion.
- Offer only available for direct bookings through IEP.
- The job placement process will only start once full payment is received by IEP and not otherwise.
The following offers are available on the Winter 2020 promotion.
- Free upgrade from Work Canada to Work Canada Winter Jobs – save $200
- $300 discount on our Work Japan winter jobs programme
- Free upgrade from our Work USA 4-month self-placed programme to Work USA 4 month with job placement – save $400
- Free upgrade from our Work USA 12 month programme to Work USA winter jobs (12 month J1 visa) – save $350
Travellers must plan to depart in conjunction with the 2020 ski season starting in November / December 2020. If reasons beyond our control stop you travelling during this period, you can defer your money to the 2021 season or use your payment as credit towards another IEP programme. For our general terms and conditions please see here.
- IEP reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time. Any changes will be posted on IEP’s website www.iep.co.nz . It is the responsibility of all applicants to keep themselves informed of any changes to the offers.