WORK CANADA VISA KICK START TERMS & CONDITIONS
WORK CANADA VISA KICK START Terms & Conditions
Before applying for the Work Canada Visa Kick Start program, you must accept the following program Terms and Conditions, including the cancellation refund policy. Please read the following very carefully. It refers to conditions that you are agreeing to by making this application. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact IEP at 0800 700 705.
Terms & Conditions
I, being the person applying for the Work Canada Visa Kick Start program, hereby confirm that I have read and understood the relevant Work Canada Visa Kick Start pages on IEP’s website www.iep.co.nz. I agree that my application and participation in the Work Canada Visa Kick Start program as operated by IEP New Zealand Ltd (‘IEP’) shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
A. Program Fee and Program Conditions
- The applicable program fee is payable on submission of an application.
- Departure from New Zealand must be made within 12 months from my application date unless approved by IEP prior to this date otherwise my application is considered completed.
- I am aware that, due to the visa application process, I should apply for Work Canada Visa Kickstart at least 12 weeks before my intended departure date. Although the visa application process can be shorter than 12, IEP New Zealand cannot guarantee that will be the case, and as such I should prepare for the longest visa application processing duration.
- I understand that the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) can only issue Working Holiday Visas (IEC) to individuals aged 18 – 35 years inclusive.
- I understand that if I have ever been arrested, convicted, charged with any criminal offence (including drink-driving), appeared before any judicial system for any reason, it is necessary to inform IEP of all details (even if the charges result in diversion, are dropped or seem insignificant to you!) to enable them to provide me accurate information on my suitability for the IEC visa. Even the smallest offence can have a detrimental effect on your eligibility for a visa to go to Canada.
- Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) reserves the right to request additional information regarding Work Canada applications. This information will be provided at my own expense and may result in a delay to my departure. Such requests will be made on random basis without prejudice.
- Applicants wishing to work in ski patrol, medical, childcare, or primary/secondary teaching occupations whilst on the Work Canada program will require a government approved medical examination as part of their application. Such applicants must allow an additional six to eight weeks for their visa to be issued.
- Applicants with medical conditions may be instructed by the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) to undertake a medical examination as part of their application. There is no standard timeframe for processing of applications where further information is requested, this may delay your departure.
- IEP cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to any papers giving evidence or support in connection with visa applications. It is recommended that applicants photocopy everything before sending it into the office.
- I must take with me evidence of access to at least the minimum funds required by the CIC.
- The IEP travel insurance policy is a compulsory component of the program. Travel insurance coverage is also mandatory for all participants under the Canadian government visa regulations and I agree to purchase a travel insurance policy from IEP for the full duration of the visa.
- If my working holiday program was booked through STA Travel, I may also book travel insurance through STA Travel prior to IEP confirming any pre-departure information.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they consider policy wording before making any decisions about your travel insurance policy. Please contact IEP for assistance with a travel insurance quote on email@example.com
- I must abide by the Terms and Conditions set by the individual companies and operators. These include airlines, insurance providers, ground transport operators and accommodation providers. If I am uncertain about these terms and conditions I must contact IEP prior to departure.
B. Cancellation Policy
I understand and agree to the following cancellation penalties and conditions:
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP, and if you have not received the IEP visa guidelines, a $25 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $25 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- For cancellations made after seven days from the date of my application, and if you have not received the IEP visa guidelines, 50% of the amount of the program fee will be refunded
- For cancellations made after the visa documentation has been provided by IEP, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after the date your visa application is submitted to the CIC, or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for any refund.
- Cancellations made after not receiving an invite to apply for the IEC Visa at the end of the IEC Visa season, a $25 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $25 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- All applications which result in the applicable visa being declined for any reasons relating to eligibility will be deemed as cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. Applicants acknowledge that a decline of visa can be attributed but not limited to applicants being previously arrested by police, having criminal convictions (including drink driving), being charged for an offence but not necessarily convicted and having significant medical/mental history/condition. Applicants who are concerned about the likelihood of their visa being declined should consult with IEP prior to paying the program fee.
- IEP reserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to IEP before any refund is approved
C. Program Declaration
I agree to act ethically and responsibly at all times while I am a participant on this program. I declare that the statements on this application are true and that any false declaration on my part may result in forfeiture of my place on this program with no entitlement to any refund of my fee or any consequent expenditure. I hereby declare that I have no intention of staying in the nominated country after the final date allowed by this program. I know of no reason why I may be refused the visa I am applying for or be denied entry into the nominated country. I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes. I agree to take with me a minimum proof of funds required. Additionally, I agree to repay, either directly or via IEP, any and all outstanding financial obligations such as telephone bills, loans, outstanding rents, etc., incurred during my time as a program participant.