WORK CANADA RETURNER TERMS & CONDITIONS
WORK CANADA RETURNER Terms & Conditions
Before applying for the Work Canada Returner program, you must accept the following program Terms and Conditions, including the cancellation refund policy. Please read the following very carefully. It refers to conditions that you are agreeing to by making this application. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact IEP at 0800 443 769.
Terms & Conditions I, being the person applying for the Work Canada Returner program, hereby confirm that I have read and understood the relevant Work Canada Returner pages on IEP’s website www.iep.co.nz. I agree that my application and participation in the Work Canada Returner program as operated by IEP New Zealand Ltd (‘IEP’) shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
Program Fee and Program Conditions
- The applicable program fee is payable on submission of an application.
- Departure from New Zealand must be made within 12 months from my application date unless approved by IEP prior to this date otherwise my application is considered completed.
- I understand that the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) can only issue Young Professional Visas (IEC) to individuals aged 18 – 35 years inclusive.
- I understand that if I have ever been arrested, convicted, charged with any criminal offence (including drink-driving), appeared before any judicial system for any reason, it is necessary to inform IEP of all details (even if the charges result in diversion, are dropped or seem insignificant to you!) to enable them to provide me accurate information on my suitability for the IEC Young Professional visa. Even the smallest offence can have a detrimental effect on my eligibility for a visa to go to Canada.
- The IEP travel insurance policy is a compulsory component of the program. Travel insurance coverage is also mandatory for all participants under the Canadian government visa regulations and I agree to purchase a travel insurance policy from IEP for the full duration of the visa.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they consider policy wording before making any decisions about your travel insurance policy. Please contact IEP for assistance with a travel insurance quote.
- IEP cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to any papers giving evidence or support in connection with visa applications. Applicants should make copies of everything before submitting their visa application.
- Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) reserves the right to request additional information regarding Work Canada Returner applications under the Young Professional Visa. This information will be provided at my own expense and may result in a delay to my departure. Such requests will be made on random basis without prejudice.
- Applicants wishing to work in ski patrol, medical, childcare, or primary/secondary teaching occupations whilst on the Work Canada Returner program will require a government approved medical examination as part of their application. Such applicants must allow an additional six to eight weeks for their visa to be issued.
- Applicants with medical conditions may be instructed by the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) to undertake a medical examination as part of their application. There is no standard timeframe for processing of applications where further information is requested and this may delay your departure.
- If I am paying a deposit to reserve a space in the following years visa allocation, my program fee deposit will be refunded if for any reason, IEP is not able to assist with my visa application.
- I must abide by the Terms and Conditions set by IEP’s relevant overseas host organisation as advised in writing by IEP prior to departure from New Zealand.
- I must take with me evidence of access to at least the minimum funds required by the relevant country and host organisation’s rules.
- I must abide by the Terms and Conditions set by the individual companies and operators. These include airlines, insurance providers, ground transport operators and accommodation providers. If I am uncertain about these Terms and Conditions I must contact IEP prior to departure.
- I must advise IEP immediately of any changes to my confirmed travel dates. Additional charges may apply to change overseas bookings or reservations.
- I understand that to be eligible for the Young Professional Visa I must have a job offer that contributes to my professional development and meets the criteria of an NOC job type of either 0, A or B.
- I understand the responsibilities of my employers as part of the Young Professional visa application process.
- I understand that I will be requested to submit credentials relating to my education as part of my Young Professional application to show that my field of study relates to my job offer.
- I understand that I must be a paid employee of a company and will not be applying for this visa under a self-employed role.
- I understand that under the Young Professional visa I must work for the same employer at the same location in Canada.
Cancellation Policy I understand and agree to the following cancellation penalties and conditions:
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- For cancellations made after seven days from the date of my application, 50% of the amount of the program fee will be refunded.
- The Canadian Young Professional visa is allocated on an invitation system and in the event I do not receive a visa invitation I understand I will receive a full refund less a $50 administration fee. If the application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 administration fee will apply.
- Cancellations made after 12 months from the original application date will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made within two weeks of departure, or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after the date the visa application is submitted to Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) or after departure from New Zealand will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made after not receiving an invite to apply for the IEC Young Professional Visa, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- If I have paid my program deposit to secure my space in the following years allocation, I will be charged a $50 cancellation fee if I withdraw my application at any time.
- All applications which result in the applicable visa being declined for whatever reason will be deemed as cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. Applicants acknowledge that a decline of visa can be attributed but not limited to applicants being previously arrested by police, having criminal convictions (including drink driving), having appeared before any judicial system for any reason no matter how insignificant, being charged for an offence but not necessarily convicted and having significant medical/mental history/conditions. Applicants who are concerned about whether their visa might be declined or not, should consult with IEP prior to paying the program fee.
- Cancellations and refunds of goods and services which are provided by suppliers other than IEP (airfares, travel insurance, airport transfers, accommodation, visas etc) will be at the discretion of the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions set by those suppliers. Details are available from IEP.
- IEP reserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to IEP before any refund is approved.
Program Declaration I agree to act ethically and responsibly at all times while I am a participant on this program. I declare that the statements on this application are true and that any false declaration on my part may result in forfeiture of my place on this program with no entitlement to any refund of my fee or any consequent expenditure. I hereby declare that I have no intention of staying in the nominated country after the final date allowed by this program. I know of no reason why I may be refused the visa I am applying for or be denied entry into the nominated country. I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes. I agree to take with me a minimum proof of funds required. Additionally, I agree to repay, either directly or via IEP, any and all outstanding financial obligations such as telephone bills, loans, outstanding rents, etc., incurred during my time as a program participant.