WORK CANADA CITY JOBS TERMS & CONDITIONS
WORK CANADA CITY JOBS Terms & Conditions
Before applying for the Work Canada City Jobs Program you must accept the following program Terms and Conditions, including the cancellation refund policy. Please read them very carefully. It refers to conditions that you are agreeing to by making this application. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact IEP at 0800 443 769.
Terms & Conditions
I, being the person applying for the Work Canada City Jobs program hereby confirm that I have read and understood the Work Canada City Jobs pages of IEP’s website www.iep.co.nz. I agree that my application and participation in the Work Canada City Jobs program as operated by IEP New Zealand Ltd (‘IEP’) shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions.
Program Fee and Program Conditions
- The applicable Program Fee is payable when I submit my application.
- The IEP travel insurance policy is a compulsory component of the program. Travel insurance coverage is mandatory for all participants under the Canadian government visa regulations and I agree to purchase a travel insurance policy from IEP for at least my employment contract period or for the full duration of the visa.
- Departure from New Zealand must be made within 12 months from my application date unless approved by IEP prior to this date otherwise my application is considered completed.
- All employers will require a clean Police Report upon commencement of employment. IEP strongly recommends applicants apply for a report prior to their interview(s).
- I must abide by the Terms and Conditions set by IEP’s relevant overseas host organisation as advised in writing by IEP prior to departure from New Zealand.
- I must take with me evidence of access to at least the minimum funds required by the relevant country and host organisation’s rules.
- I must abide by the Terms and Conditions set by the individual companies and operators. These include airlines, insurance providers, ground transport operators and accommodation providers. If I am uncertain about these Terms and Conditions I must contact IEP prior to departure.
- I must advise IEP immediately of any changes to my confirmed travel dates. Additional charges may apply to change overseas bookings or reservations.
- It is strongly recommended that you consult our preferred travel agent (STA Travel) when booking any flights. STA Travel has assisted many previous IEP participants with their travel bookings by offering very competitive airfares as well as providing strong knowledge of what types of tickets works best for our working holiday programs.
- Applicants must pay the entire application fee (initial deposit & final deposit) prior to booking their skype job interview and we can always exercise leniency on a case by case basis
- I understand that Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) can only issue Working Holiday Visas (IEC) to New Zealand passport holders aged 18 – 35 years inclusive.
- Visa applications must be lodged a minimum of 12 weeks prior to the intended departure date. IEP cannot guarantee the issuance of a visa. The relevant Embassy/Consulate has the authority to issue or deny any visa application. Even after you have been issued a visa, the final decision in all cases rests with the immigration officer at the port of entry. Visa fees will not be refunded if a visa is refused.
- I understand that if I have ever been arrested, convicted, charged with any criminal offence (including drink-driving), appeared before any judicial system for any reason, it is necessary to inform IEP of all details (even if the charges result in diversion, are dropped or seem insignificant to you!) to enable them to provide me accurate information on my suitability for the IEC visa. Even the smallest offence can have a detrimental effect on your eligibility for a visa to go to Canada. Applicants with criminal convictions must obtain their working visa before their interview with any employer.
- IEP cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to any papers giving evidence or support in connection with visa applications. Applicants should make copies of everything, including their login details for the IEC and CIC website, before submitting their visa application.
- Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) reserves the right to request additional information regarding Work Canada City Jobs participant applications. This information will be provided at my own expense and may result in a delay to my departure. Such requests will be made on random basis without prejudice.
- Applicants wishing to work in medical, childcare, or primary/secondary teaching occupations whilst on the Work Canada City Jobs program will require a Citizenship Immigration Canada approved medical examination as part of their application. Such applicants must allow an additional six to eight weeks for their visa to be issued. IEP is not responsible for the cost of such medical exanimations.
- Applicants with medical conditions may be instructed by the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) to undertake a medical examination as part of their application. There is no standard timeframe for processing of applications when further information is requested and so this may delay your departure.
- Some positions commence within six weeks of the job interview(s). To secure a position all applicants should apply for their Canadian Working Holiday Visa prior to job interview(s).
- Applicants must provide IEP with a copy of their relevant working holiday visa when received from CIC.
- Applicants are advised not to pay for travel arrangements (e.g. airfares, hotels etc.) without having a visa approval in their possession. The visa processing time can vary and issuance is not guaranteed. Visa rejection and visa rulings are at the discretion of the relevant consulates and not the jurisdiction of IEP. IEP does not take responsibility for any expenses associated with visa application or denial.
Acceptance onto the Program
- Acceptance onto the Work Canada City Jobs program is subject to a pre-screening interview by IEP.
- Acceptance of any applicant onto the program is entirely at the discretion of IEP.
- Applicants removed from the program by IEP will be eligible for a full refund or to have their full program fee transferred to an alternate IEP program of the applicant’s choice.
- Attendance of Job Interview(s)
- Applicants must attend their Skype interview(s) at the advised time. Exact times of the interview(s) will be provided to the participant by either IEP or the employer.
- Applicants will be asked to nominate employer preferences. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they meet the requirements of all nominated employers, including start dates, season length, age restrictions and previous experience. Start dates, Position Descriptions and employment guidelines are not negotiable and applicants who nominate employers whose requirements they cannot meet will not be eligible for any refund if unsuccessful.
- Applicants should specify at least two positions of interest with each employer, but must be flexible with what type of position they will be willing to accept.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they go into their interview prepared and make every effort to secure a job offer from each employer.
- If an applicant is offered a job offer from their first Skype interview IEP do not have to arrange a further interview.
- Applicants who fail to attend their scheduled interview(s) will not be eligible for a refund.
Job Offers and Acceptance
- Upon completion of the job interview, the employer will notify IEP if they wish to offer the applicant a position.
- Job Offers are not guaranteed and it is the applicant’s responsibility to make every effort to secure a job offer during the interview process.
- Applicants who are offered a position but choose to reject it will not be eligible for any refund of the program fee. Such applicants may transfer their entire program fee to an alternate IEP program. No refund will be given for any portion of the program fee.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer must notify IEP immediately. IEP will then arrange an interview with the applicant’s next employer preference, until all employer options are exhausted.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer after exhausting all employer options through no fault of their own will be given the option to transfer their program fee to an alternate IEP program or receive a full refund of their IEP program fee. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of IEP and assessed according to each individual’s circumstance.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a job offer but who do not notify IEP will not be eligible for any refund.
- All employment contract details must be adhered to, including but not limited to, start and finishing dates.
I understand and agree to the following cancellation penalties and conditions:
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- For cancellations made after seven days from the date of my application but before the balance of the programme fee is paid, there will be no refund of the deposit.
- For cancellations made after the programme fee has been paid in full, 50% of the amount of the program fee will be refunded. However, in some circumstance as stated in subsequent clauses in this Cancellation Policy, no refund will be applicable.
- Cancellations within seven days of the Job Fair will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made after 12 months from my application being received by IEP, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after attending an interview(s) and accepting a position will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made within two weeks of departure, or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after the date the visa application is submitted to Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC), or after departure from New Zealand, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations made after not receiving an invite to apply for the IEC Visa at the end of the IEC Visa season, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If an application is made via STA Travel then an additional $50 cancellation administration fee will apply.
- Cancellations made as a result of dissatisfaction with the level of customer service IEP has provided will be eligible for a full refund if concerns and cancellations have been provided in writing within 7 days of initial welcome call.
- All applications which result in the applicable visa being declined for whatever reason will be deemed as cancelled and will not be eligible for a refund. Applicants acknowledge that a decline of visa can be attributed but not limited to applicants being previously arrested by police, having criminal convictions (including drink driving), having appeared before any judicial system for any reason no matter how insignificant, being charged for an offence but not necessarily convicted and having significant medical/mental history/conditions. Applicants who are concerned about whether their visa might be declined or not, should consult with IEP prior to paying the program fee.
- Cancellations and refunds of goods and services which are provided by suppliers other than IEP (airfares, travel insurance, airport transfers, accommodation, visas etc.) will be at the discretion of the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions set by those suppliers. Details are available from IEP
- IEP reserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to IEP before any refund is approved.
I agree to act ethically and responsibly at all times while I am a participant on this program. I declare that the statements on this application are true and that any false declaration on my part may result in forfeiture of my place on this program with no entitlement to any refund of my fee or any consequent expenditure. I hereby declare that I have no intention of staying in the nominated country after the final date allowed by this program. I know of no reason why I may be refused the visa I am applying for or be denied entry into the nominated country. I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes.. I agree to take with me a minimum proof of funds required. Additionally, I agree to repay, either directly or via IEP, any and all outstanding financial obligations such as telephone bills, loans, outstanding rents, etc., incurred during my time as a program participant.