WORK AT BIG WHITE
Work at Big White
Located in the Okanagan region, an hour out of Kelowna, British Columbia, Big White Ski Resort is an amazing place to spend a winter season in Canada.
With 16 uplifts and 118 designated trails Big White offers a wide variety of terrain from beginner to extreme, as well as a Terrain Park with both beginner/Intermediate and intermediate/Advanced lanes combined with Rails and Jumps. It really has something for everyone! The resort has 19 restaurants, which include lounges and bars, plenty of retail shops, a ski/board school, and a wide range of activities (ice climbing, tube park, snow-mobiling, ice skating, snow shoeing, dog sledding & more) to keep you busy. If you are working during the day don’t worry about not getting your turns in, as they offer night skiing as well!
The motto of Big White is ‘It’s the Snow’ and with an annual snow fall 750cm (24.5ft) it is no wonder that it attracts over 15000 guests every season. With over 800 staff Big White will be offering a wide variety of roles for the coming snow season.
If this sounds like a resort where you would like to work, don’t wait to apply as it will fill up fast!
- Season: Mid November – Mid April
- Terrain: 18% beginner, 54% Intermediate, 22% Expert, 6% Extreme
- Snowfall: Average of 750cm (24.5ft)
- Province: British Columbia
- Accommodation: No, however there are limited numbers of beds available for new staff in company owned condos.
- Minimum Age: 19
Big White does not offer staff accommodation to its employees as there is a large range of on mountain accommodation available. Most housing is arranged privately with the owners. There is a Winter Accommodation list that provides contact information, or you can look on various websites or on the Official Big White Group on Facebook. Everyone is able to find accommodation on the mountain.
We strongly recommend you arrive with pre-booked accommodation. It is best to book into the Urban Retreat hostel, which is located on the mountain, for the first week or so until you find more permanent accommodation.
- Housing typically ranges from CA$575 – $675 per month for shared accommodation.
- All accommodation at Big White is within walking distance, but there is a free mountain shuttle as well.
- Most places are fully equipped and you are only required to bring your food, supplies and personal belongings.
Jobs at Big White
Winter Jobs interviews are assigned on a first-in, first-served basis. If you’re interested in a specific role be sure to get your application started ASAP.
Wages typically start at CA$11/hour.
Types of jobs you can get at Big White:
- Bistro Attendant
- Concierge Desk
- Condo Housekeeper
- Custodial Team Member
- Hotel Housekeeper
- Line Cook
- Prep Cook
- Resort Care Day Attendant
- Ski School Desk Staff
- Sous Chef
- Support Staff
- Terrain Park Attendant
- Ticket Agent
Perks for Big White employees include:
- Season pass
- Free group lessons and 50% off private lessons
- Discounts at retail shops, restaurants
- Ride breaks during work hours
- Reciprocal discounts on lift passes at other resorts
- Organised activities for staff i.e. hockey games, skating, BBQ, film nights
- Christmas dinner & party
- End of season party
- Almost all positions have schedules that allow for some kind of day riding. We are all about the snow at Big White!