WORK AT ASESSIPPI SKI RESORT
Asessippi Ski Area isn’t as much about the vertical as it is the experience. Located on the border of Saskatchewan and Manitoba, here you will experience Canadian culture first hand and become part of a tight knit Canadian community.
Asessippi has 26 runs that range from easy to expert where you can work on your skiing, snowboarding and even snow biking skills! Not a keen skier but still want to play in the snow? Why not give Tubing, Kiteboarding, or even Dog Sledding a go!
There are plenty of events throughout the season to keep you busy; New Year’s Eve & the midnight torch run under the fireworks, Family weekend with an Amazing Race, and several competitions throughout the season!
When you are not on the slopes you will be experiencing many uniquely Canadian activities, such as ice fishing, snow mobiling, ice hockey and curling. At this resort you will experience a Canada that not many people see.
- Season: Early December – Early April
- Terrain: Squirrel Chair – 292’ vertical with very few flat spots, mainly green runs; Porcupine Chair – 398’ vertical with very few flat spots, mixed of blue and black runs; Bear Chair – 348’ vertical, full range of excellent intermediate terrain.
- Snowfall: 1-2 metres
- Province: Manitoba
- Accommodation: Yes
- Min Age: 18
- Interview Locations: Auckland
Staff Accommodation at Asessippi
Asessippi provides staff accommodation for all of their overseas staff. The rent is deducted from your pay cheque every two weeks. The accommodation will be organised before you arrive in Canada.
Staff live in houses that the ski hill has rented close to the resort.
- Costs are around $14.00 per day and rent is deducted from your pay cheque every two weeks.
- There are several vehicles provided that are to be shared between all Bunkhouse staff to get to and from work. Staff are responsible for fuel, oil, lights and damage. Drivers must have valid full drivers’ licences and must have prior approval to drive. The bus is used when there are special staff functions after resort hours.
Jobs at Asessippi
Winter Jobs interviews are assigned on a first-in, first-served basis, so if you’re interested in a specific role be sure to get your application started ASAP.
Wages typically start at CA$11-$12/hour.
Types of jobs you can get at Asessippi:
- Bar Wait Staff
- Cashier (Food and Beverage)
- Custodial Engineer
- Group Check-In Representative
- Kitchen & Counter Attendant
- Lift Attendant
- Rental Attendant
- Rental Attendant/Rental Repair Technician
- Snow School Administrator
- Snowboard/Ski Instructor
- Ticket Counter
Staff benefits for Asessippi employees include:
- Free ski pass
- Free ski or snowboard rentals (when available)
- Free lessons (when available)
- Discounts for staff in the Trails End Gift Shop and Food Court
- Free hot and cold beverages and hot fresh soup made daily
- Special events for staff are also held throughout the year – including Dog Sledding
- Discounted Kiteboarding sessions