Looks like visa costs in the UK are changing again! The part of the visa cost that is increasing is something called the Immigration Health Surcharge. Here is a quick recap!
In 2016 the UK immigration Department created the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) to cover use of the National Health Service (NHS)
The immigration health surcharge price breakdown is below:
- Youth Mobility Scheme (2 Year Visa);
- Currently £600 (approx. $1200NZD) total paid at time of application submission
- Changing to £940 (approx. $1900NZD) total paid at the time of the application submission
- Ancestry Visa (5 Year Visa);
- Currently £2000 (approx. $4000NZD) total paid at time of application submission
- Changing to £3120 (approx. $6300NZD) total paid at the time of the application submission
That’s a big increase! Early indications show the change will take place around October so you can definitely get in before this change takes place and save yourself some money, but there will be some conditions around timing, so we suggest you get in touch!
If you want to beat this price change then we recommend submitting your application for one of our UK working holiday programs as soon as possible to give you enough time to get all your paper work across the line. Check out whats on offer below and get involved!
Work Britain Visa Kickstart – Visa Assistance – $195
Work Britain – Visa Assistance + In Country Support for 3 months – $395
Work Britain Premium – Visa Assistance + In Country Support for 24 months – $595
Work Britain Pub Jobs – Visa Assistance + In Country Support + Pre-arranged Job – $1295